~For the salad
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (red bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup sultana
- 1/2 cup cashews or 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- black pepper
1. Cook brown rice until tender, allow to cool.
2. To prepare the dressing put the ingredients into a large jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well. Put aside.
3. In a large bowl add the rice and all other salad ingredients.
4. Pour over the dressing and mix through. The flavours improve on standing as the rice soaks in the dressing. Enjoy!